During its inception, City Square Mall was conceptualised with environmental sustainability in mind, from the construction process to the building features.
- Silt water was treated and recycled during construction, saving water enough to fill 8 Olympic-sized pools
- 50 truckloads of sand were saved by using an alternative eco-friendly construction material
- Using innovative construction methods which saved enough steel to rival the weight of 365 saloon cars
- Annual electircity savings of 12 million kWh per year, equivalent to the average electricity consumption of more than 3,100 units of 4-room HDB flats
- Reduction in CO2 emission of over 6,600 tonnes per year, equivalent to the amount of CO2 emission absorbed by 154,000 trees
City Square Mall has achieved the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO45001, ISO 50001 and SS 577 certifications.
Our green features include:
- Designated parking spaces for hybrid & electric cars
- Cosmetic cover recycling bins available at L2, near the Customer Service Counter
- E-waste and textile recycling bins available at The Green and Social Good Space at B4 Travellator Lobby
- Auto-lighting and slow-down features on the escalators and travellators
- Sensors to ensure that the landscaped greenery is not watered on rainy days
- UV technology in kitchen exhaust system to reduce odours
- High-efficiency air-conditioners that use less electricity, preventing the emission of more than 4,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually
- Recycling of condensate water from the air-conditioning system, saving water enough to fill 2 Olympic-sized pools yearly
- Variable Air Volume technology in air-conditioners helps to moderate the mall's temperature, saving energy while shopping at ease
- More cooling coils are used in the air-conditioning system to treat air and control indoor humidity better.
City Green, the 49,000 square feet park is like a green carpet laid out in front of the mall to welcome visitors. Filled with numerous wonderful surprises, City Green is designed to provide a learning experience about ecology and the natural environment.